In this 5-episode infographic series, we show you what myFreeview is all about. Find out what its benefits are, what you need to obtain it, how to set it up, and more information about myFreeview and digital television broadcasting.
Dalam siri infografik sepanjang 5 episod ini, anda akan mengetahui semuanya tentang my Freeview. Ketahui kelebihannya, apa yang diperlukan untuk mendapatkannya, cara-cara menetapkan dan banyak lagi maklumat berkenaan myFreeview dan penyiaran televisyen digital.
• Old TV set can still be used as long as it has an AV/HDMI input that can be connected to the MYTV decoder via an AV/HDMI cable.
• New TV set with the DTTV label approved by SIRIM that comes with a built-in digital tuner which doesn't require a MYTV decoder to receive myFreeview services. It's also known as an IDTV (Integrated Digital Television).
• Sharper and clearer images at a higher resolution.
• High quality audio and surround sound.
• Free - no subscription fees.
• Access to interactive TV services such as online shopping, and video-on-demand via an internet connection. These services will be made available in the coming future.
• More TV channels and services which will be implemented soon.
• Personal video recording functions will be available in the future (only with MYTV decoder which is sold in the market).
myFreeview services can be received as long as an indoor/outdoor aerial is connected to an IDTV or otherwise to a MYTV decoder and your current TV. Your building management may need to install the Master Antenna TV System (MATV) so you can receive myFreeview digital broadcast services.
You can enjoy the most popular TV and radio channels in Malaysia on myFreeview for free without any subscription fees! myFreeview is an excellent choice if you do not wish to be tied down to a subscription package from paid TV services. As myFreeview is new hence our services are limited compared to Astro or HyppTV at the moment, but more channels will be made available soon to myFreeview in the future!
Yes, as long as your TV set has enough AV/HDMI input terminal to support both decoders.
myFreeview channels are FREE with no extra or hidden charges. You would only need to pay for a one-time purchase of a new IDTV/MYTV decoder and installation fees if you require assistance in installing an outdoor aerial or any maintenance services.